The LEARN Lab at Northwestern University
You and your child are invited to
participate in a research study
The LEARN Lab (http://learnlab.northwestern.edu ) is conducting a
Is your child:
• Between 7 and 11 years old
• Speaking English as their primary language at home (and exposed to English before age 1)
How To Participate:
• You and your child would come to Northwestern University in Evanston for about 2 hours of reading assessment activities.
• Your child may also be invited for an EEG brainwave measure (about 1.5 hours) after completing the reading assessment.
EEG is a child-friendly and non-invasive way of measuring the brain. EEG is safe anduses no radiation. We will record the EEG brainwaves while your child listens to speech sounds, reads some letters, or watches a movie.
• These visits can be scheduled at your convenience, on weekdays, weekends, or holidays.
• You and your child will be compensated with a $25 gift card per visit for your participation.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact:
LEARNlab@northwestern.edu or 847-868-2255
We look forward to working with you!
Dr. Elizabeth Norton and the LEARN Lab team at Northwestern University
This study was reviewed by the Northwestern University IRB #STU00205493
Title: The brain basis of letter-sound integration and its relation to reading skills in children